For a company heavily dependent on fuel, an efficient fuel management system can do wonders in terms of cutting down costs and availing better liquidity and fuel availability.
Here is a list of a few things you need to consider while you choose your fuel management company.
- Firstly bring in a professional who can guide you with your requirements based on your consumption, frequency, fuel storage capacity, etc.
- If you are based in multiple locations, get key employees on board and conduct a gap analysis by assessing every single location and their functionality and accordingly the fuel requirements such as diesel pumps.
- The location by location assessment has huge significance as it helps personalise the plan. For example, if a certain location is more prone to spills or breaches by known sources, bunded tanks can be installed to safeguard the property.
Fuel Storage – Equipments and Maintenance Solutions
There are many loopholes associated with fuel storage and it stands to be of concern till date. Fuel stored for long periods tend to build up water, sludge and other micro organisms which in turn affect the functionality of the fuel. Contaminated fuel can affect the generator.
Let us look at a few measures that may be taken to prevent such contamination.
- Firstly, it is important to contact a professional who will advise you to what storage drum suits your requirements best based on quantity, local climate, etc.
- To prevent spillage and contamination, efficient drum handling equipment must be in place. This eases the transport of fuel within the warehouse or outside and reduces wastage through spillage.
- Prevention is always better than cure. Regular samples must be tested for infestations so as to ensure the quality of the fuel. Similarly, all equipment relating fuel, such as diesel pumps must be regularly cleaned and maintained for optimum results.